Shigeo Shingo, one of the principals behind Lean, said: “We have to grasp not only the know-how but also know-why.”
Brought to you by a creative partnership between...
By enrolling now you will join Oscar Roche and his co-presenters as they walk you through the 4-steps of the Improvement Kata on your way to practice and skill-building.
The Toyota Kata Knowledge Certification Course
Our Toyota Kata Knowledge Certificate system is ideally suited for:
- An organization in the early stages of “investigating Toyota Kata”. In this case those charged with the evaluation will gain a thorough feel for what it is all about and the potential benefits they can realize.
- An organization including Toyota Kata Knowledge Certification for all individuals as a prerequisite to 10-Hour classes in its “practice plan”.
- Individuals who work in any organization expanding their Toyota Kata skill base. In this case individuals having completed the Toyota Kata Knowledge Certification will arrive at their skill training with an excellent grounding in Toyota Kata principles.
StartGetting Started: A Brief Introduction to the Course (1:21)
StartSession 1: Why Toyota Kata? - Oscar Roche (42:38)
StartSession 2: Understanding Direction Through Setting a Challenge/Goal - Joakim Bjurstrom (37:45)
StartSession 3: Grasping the Current Condition - Sam Wagner (24:03)
StartSession 4: Setting the First Target Condition (and the next) - Joakim Bjurstrom (37:15)
StartSession 5: Experimenting toward the Target Condition - Scott Laundry (36:17)
StartSession 6: Wrap-up (20:34)
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Question
- Australia, New Zealand and SE Asia, please go here.
- All other global regions, please go here.
The course starts and finishes when you want! It is a completely self-paced online course with approximately 4-hours of viewing videos and answering questions.
After enrolling, you can review the videos as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
The number shown after each question e.g. (5:35) tells you approximately where in the associated discussion the answer starts to be discussed. 5:35 means at the 5 minute 35 second point. This means if you come to a question and are unsure of the correct answer, you have a point to go to for “help.”
All of them! If you select the wrong answer the system locks in that wrong answer until you get to the end of that unit's questions. You then have an option to retake the quiz. To get a certificate, you must answer ALL questions correctly.
Once you have completed all 5 units and correctly answered all the questions (57 in total across the 5 units) please email [email protected] and advise her. We will forward you your certificate once we verify full and correct completion of all questions.
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days from enrolling, tell us why you are unhappy and we will give you a full refund.